Volunteering at the library is a great way to use your talents, provide valuable service to the community, learn new skills and meet great people! Complete the application below to get started.
We have the following opportunities available:
- Friends of the Newtown Public Library Volunteer: Would you like to help the Friends support the library? There are many opportunities including book donation sorting, book sale set-up, and more! To learn more, contact the Friends at [email protected].
- Youth Services Volunteer: Do you love books and children? Are you between the ages of 14-17? If you have questions, contact Angela Hegadorn, Youth Services Manager, in person or via email at [email protected].
- Book Club Leader: We are looking for passionate readers to lead new book clubs at the library. If interested in this opportunity or if you have questions, please reach out to Arlene Caruso, Library Director, at [email protected].
All adult volunteers (18+) must complete the following clearances before starting as a volunteer:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Clearance
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance